Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Thanks, American!

I just read that American Airlines is refusing to transport children whom ICE is moving further away from their parents.

I wrote to thank them.

They don't let you write your message until you choose a subject area from the list that they offer you.

They didn't envision having to field public responses regarding a policy of not participating in child theft. I did the best I could:

This isn't really about "Vacations," but you don't have a topic area for "Corporation refusing to participate in humanitarian catastrophe."
I just read that American Airlines is refusing to transport children who have been separated from their families in the ongoing humanitarian disaster at the border.
I applaud you for this decision.
The government is essentially committing a large series of crimes by taking these children away from their parents.
You are doing the right thing by refusing to transport them further away.
Thank you.
Apparently United Airlines and Frontier Airlines have made similar decisions as American. If you're a regular customer of theirs, it can't hurt to give them some positive feedback.

1 comment: